Monday, January 5, 2009

I love my parents

"I love my parents"....

Every child believe's these words
and every man says these words............
But sometimes it takes an incident
for you to realize the meaning of it..........

I was'nt lucky enough
to interact much with my grand parents......
The only memory is seeing my mom's mother
in the last stages of her life........

She used to come for summer every year
with me being her only company .........
She does'nt talk much
but wanted me to watch her the whole time

It might be because of her fear,
but used to look silly to me.
Since I was not given a choice
I had to don a watchman's role

It was the summer of exams
Inter Eamcet IIT..and what not....
The load took the toll on me
and I got worried about the exams....

I was getting more angry
whenever my grandmom calls me.....
and finally I had to to give an ultimatum
send her back to her hometown for this summer....

My mom profusely refused
Later she was thoroughly confused
But my fears got projected
and my word got elected

The arguments led to a cold war
between my mom and me..........
We stopped talking for a month
Neither of us breaking a word

Two weeks before the exams
I broke the ice
We patched up by putting make-up on each other
and played dice

The phone rang at midnight
my grandmom has passed away..........
I was watching my mother
the only time she cried this way.........

She was a lone child
crying her mother's loss
I was the lame crusader
with silent anguish and pain

The make-up washed away
slowly with her tears
I was stuck dumbstruck
with my greatest fears

Its been 7 years since this incident happened.......
The mother was able to forgive her son
But the child was not able to forgive himself
for leaving a child without her mother............

"I love my parents"....

Every child believe's these words
and every man says these words............
But sometimes it takes an incident
for you to realize the meaning of it..........

2 comments:

Geeta M said...

I'm happy that atleast some of us are realising the value of parents.

Unknown said...

This one is truly from your heart not a make up which will get washed away, you are one of the rare kids of today.