Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Broken Heart

Monday:
Him:I have everything and I have nothing. I have a lot of friends but no family. I have someone to look over but not one who cares.
This is me.......lonely,desperate,lost......for what,I do not know.

Then an idea stuck me. I immediately called the local daily and registered my Ad to be published in the evening edition


Monday:
Her:It all started with an Ad in the evening edition daily. It read 'Looking for a friend who talkes and listens to me. Post Box no:143, Brindavan colony".
It looked very peculiar and the postbox given was within our locality.I replied to his ad wondering whether there are really anyone interesting in my locality.
I took a new post b/o address and replied back.

"I am here but you are not talking. When I talk, you are not listening"
I gave the post b/o as my address. You surely don't want a psycho coming over to your home referencing the letter.


Tuesday morning:
Him:Today I got lot of replies but one out of them stood out from the rest. It was addressed from a different post box nbr in the same office.
Looks really interesting. I wrote a reply:
"I was listening all the time you were'nt aware of it. My heart was calling all the time. You were'nt caring"


Wednesday-Thrusday.....Weeks...:
The voice in the background:
The mails started flowing and the friendship blossommed to Love. Neither of us proposed but we knew that this has to be the one.
Nobody else understood them so well like this. They wrote about a variety of topics ranging from the colors of butterflies to the secret affairs of their friends

One day they decide to meet. The place was necklace road.

Sunday evening:
Him: I should not have been soo anxious. Damn it. Now I am one hour early. What am I going to do till she comes. I may as well have something by the time she comes.

"Oye. How much is the icecream."
Dinshaws boy: Rs20.
Him: Give me a couple of chocolate flavoured one's.

Her: I am thirty minutes early. I don't even know how he looks. Let me have a icecream
"Oye. How much is the icecream."
Dinshaws boy: Its Rs20.( A bit surprised ). Want two chocolate flavoured ones.
Her: Do I look like I want chocolate. Give me a couple of strawberry flavoured one's.

The Dinshaw's boy was staring strangely at her and she noticed it. She moved a couple of yards away but could still see the Dinshaw's guy staring at her.
Her: Don't know what kind of guys are out there. Someone should kill all these scumbags. Now where the hell is this guy.

After 2 hours:
Him: I should have been a fool to believe in some invisible fairy and come over here and wait like this. Never ever believe on girls. They think this is fun fooling people like this....I may as well leave.
Him: Oye icecream. Give a a couple more
Dinshaws boy: Here sir (handling over a couple of strawberry flavoured one's)
Him: Did I ask for strawberry flavor. Give me a couple of chocolate flavoured ones.

After 1 more hour:
Her: Guys are Jacka*ss. Breaking hearts is fun for them....I don't know how I believed in him. I will have some icecream and leave
Her: Oye icecream boy. two more icecream
Dinshaws boy: strawberry or chocolate
Her: Just give me strawberry flavor ones...


Monday:
The voice in the background:
Both were crying the whole day and did not come out of their home's.


Tuesday:
Him: "If you want to make a fool out of me. Well you succeded. Don't write to me anymore and never come in front of me"
Her: "I believed you more than anybody in the world and you cheated me. I never want to meet you. Not today not tomorrow not ever"

But both of them knew that true love can never be forgotten. They received the letters written to each other. Though they were happy, there still is a doubt lingering in their mind whether this is real or another plan to fool. But both of them somehow got convinced that they somehow
might have missed each other or even cross each other without recognising. They decided to meet in Birla Mandir early saturday.

Saturday:
Him: I am gonna propose to her today. Enough of all the bush beating. We will be together today
Her: I hope we meet today. I cannot be wrong in selecting my love. Even though I did not meet him, I know I love him and he loves me too. If he does'nt propose me then I would go and propose to him. After all someone has to take the initiative.....

Saturday Evening:
Him: I am again 1 hour early. Maybe this is not a good sign. I should have waited at home or atleast in the bus stop before coming.
Her: I am very early today too....But whatever happens I am not going to budge from here

Sunday Morning news:
"Dead body found in Tank bund..........A person was found dead in the tank bund and is presumed to be a suicide because of failure in love......A local ice cream wala recognising this person as having spent last saturday on necklace road and this sunday in Birla mandir. He rememberes the person because of the peculiar way of dressing worn by the person ......Police are trying to trace the concerned people using the suicide note......"

Sunday Evening news:
A Doctor was talking to the press: "The person found in Tank Bund today morning was suffering from Multiple personality disorder for quite some time.....He changes into a totally different person in 30 minutes.....And no........he is not Ghajini (smiling)......He remembers whatever the current personality has done before but has no memory of what the alter ego has done.......Unfortunately, one of his personalities who is an author fell in love with his alter ego, a lady working in a call center.......Though it looks highly unusual, the person committed suicide thinking he has been cheated by his lover ....which unfortunately is himself....."


PS: Don't curse me after reading this........I myself don't know why I wrote this way......Let me say its just Ghajini effect on me......:)

4 comments:

Geeta M said...

Hey Ghajini, seems like psycho (alfred hitchcock) movie and a mixture of ghajini and aparichitudu....on the whole it is an RGV's thriller...anyways, ur creation is superb...

Art said...

good story... keep it going

Krish said...

Babu Ravi... you reminded me of Sidney Sheldon :)

Nice Writeup

---Krish

Anonymous said...

nice effort.....worth reading!!!
keep it up