Thursday, January 29, 2009

First love letter

HIM:
10.....9........8........7..........6...........5.............4................3.....................2......................1...........................HAPPY NEW YEAR

Its another year to live,
another year to age
another year of disappointments
another year of happiness

............................basically another year of life

We planned to go to a temple .............
to invite god to accompany us ......
through joy and sadness.....
in this year of madness.......

The premises was pleasant...
aloof of everyday pressures....
with a lot of beautiful girls....
and their laughter made of pearls....

There was a lone candle ........
strugling to spread light.....
holding against the wind...
flickering all the while...

I ran to hold it....
and two hands accompanied me....
in keeping the light alive...
and each other to see.....

I smiled....she smiled.....

"Do you hear any Temple bells ringing in the background"
'No'
"Oho.....Looks like I am watching a lot of movies now a days"
'looks like it'......She smiled and walked away

We spent the next two hours in the temple
I don't know whether I was watching her or she was watching me
But we were looking at each other
Finally I mustered my courage
and followed her while she was leaving

"Excuse me.....I need to give you this" ......I was holding a letter
'What is it'
"Letter"
'You start giving a love letter within two hours of meeting a girl?'
"Do you watch movies a lot??"
'Why'
"Open the letter"
'One kilo sugar.......litre milk.....turmeric........what is this'
"The priest wanted to give you a list of items for a pooja you were asking him about......If it looks like a love letter to you then fine ........"

She was feeling embarassed
and flashing her beautiful smile
Though I wanted to stay........
I do not want to be belittled

and so I said Thanks and
left the premises................
I could see
she was dissappointed............

But I was not going to stay back......
Not untill she realizes.....

HER:

The days ran away but not his thoughts
He was a stranger whom I want to talk
I should'nt have scolded him on that day
When he walked and came my way

I used to read the pooja list daily
And laugh within myself silly
But it used to remind me
How I am alone and lonely

Finally Pooja day came
I reached the temple early
No other devotees were there
Nor was the priest

But He was there
kneeling down in front of God
Asking for forgiveness
with hands in unison like deep prayer

Now I understood
why the date was written in bold
I opened the list one more time
to read my First Love Letter.........

5 comments:

Dreamer said...

Nice one...btw who is she? :)

Art said...

nice... now is this true?

Ravivammi said...

now now......some things may not be inspired from life right.....

Diwakar Sinha said...

haah...cool..intersting.

Anonymous said...

i like the end most.....creative..huh???