Friday, December 26, 2008

Gift to Mom

It was the day everybody was waiting for.....the day....
all those rumours...all the excitement.....everybody in queue waiting near the ATM......
Asking everyone coming out...
'How much did you get' 'How much did you get'...


Finally my turn came........
I made the balance query and found out 'It was my first salary'


I called home that night to call Mom to tell that I too am a salaried man....
She asked me how do you want to spend. I said I dont know,
She wanted to give the entire money as donation to God.......
How can I tell I have more important plans of buying a gift for her


I reached home after completing training with empty hands.......
She did not say anything, I was there that's all she cares...
I asked my friends but none came in time to buy a saree for my mom
I told my dad my little secret and convinced him to help me buy my precious gift


We went to a shop and brought a lovely saree
I made my first payment and I was happy........

We reached home and I ran inside to surprise her.......
She was surprised.....
But there is neither the glow nor the smile in her face
which I see everytime I face her


I asked her what is the reason.
She replied she did not like the colour......
The colour was very whitish cream like my face right now.....
I was hurt and she knew it too......


I did not buy any gift to her for the next two years...
she did not care....I was with her...that's all she cares....
I was sent to onsite for 2 months.....she was worried.....
how her baby survives without any care......


I did survive but by only working day and night......
calling to home being my only relief.....
This time I returned home again with empty hands.....
She did not care, I was there that's all she cares...


In the night before sleeping I went to her and said I got a little gift....
I was opening a box having a silver necklace..........
She said she liked it ..............
even without opening.......


The glow was there and the smile too
I know I love my mom too.........

_ rAVI

PS: It was my first attempt to write. Sorry for the grammeritical mistakes......but I left it to be as it is as the first time I wrote it....

1 comment:

Geeta M said...

Kavi Ravi, itz a heart touching one...remembered the days with my mom...